Suite has been divided into four basic segment as we can in fig. Each segment address solution to unique problems and provides integrated insights, like :
- Real-time location system (RTLS): Mobile assets like IV pumps, wheelchairs, and telemetry units routinely get lost in the system. Using hIOTron Suite staff can track asset location and status in real time throughout the facility. Combined with better distribution processes it can help you to reduce inventory while improving asset availability, Decrease capital and operating expenditure, Improve the efficiency and safety of patient care and Increase staff productivity.
- Misplacement of Assets: Hospital assets should be kept in a specific location only. If any non clean instrument is kept in any sterilized location of the hospital then it can lead to the contamination of other instruments also. These malpractices can be controlled by using the RFIDs to restrict its entry in the unauthorized locations by using alerts and alarms.
- Maintaining one way path of CSSD and Laundry: OT instruments and linen play a very critical role in the hospital infection control. Malpractices in CSSD and laundry can cause severe troubles to the patient as well as the hospital. Hospitals must follow proper routes of moving contaminated instruments and materials from operation room to the CSSD while CSSD has different processes of sterilizing these instruments. During this process no instrument should escape from its route and the required location identification. This can be achieved by using various RFID readers located in different locations of CSSD path to verify the adherence of the sterilization process. If any instrument fails to go through all the processes of CSSD then the instrument should be identified by the reader to restrict its further movement.
- Elder care: From tracking wandering patients to monitoring the engagement and activities of elderly individuals in nursing homes and hospitals, elder care is a big market for IoT medical devices.
- RTMS : Real time monitoring of various critical vitals hence need not to blame staff if he/she forgot to take vitals as prescribed in schedule.
- Human Traffic Management: We can restrict human beings from entering in to the specific locations of the hospitals by identifying the RFID tags and their authorizations. It is applicable to the hospital staff, patient as well as the relatives. A smart alert system of lights and alarms can be used to restrict such actions.
- Care-Taker Interactions: Healthcare providers and hospital staff can immediately know where the patient is at all times and seamlessly associate that patient with his/her medical information and also keep tab like which providers have been talking to Patient X ?, What treatments has Patient X undergone thus far?.
- Behavioral Monitoring & Health Outcomes:The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) states that health care providers wash their hands only 55% of the time after visiting the restroom. And while they may wash their hands before they scrub in or enter a sterile environment, nearly everyone would agree that washing hands after using the restroom is extremely important. IoT enables behavioral monitoring to track and combat the spread of infections through unsanitary practices. i.e, if a staff goes to the restroom, the hospital could know that he is there and monitor whether or not the water in sink turns on, if soap is dispensed, and if a towel is used.
Temperature and Humidity Monitoring
- Cold Chain System: It can be used in a cold chain system. If any drug is maintained at a wrong temperature then this device will signal an alert so that the drug is maintained properly or discarded before use.
- ICU / Other Wards Temp control : Due to human presence and different medicinal intake temp tends to rise inside wards henec hospitals need to maintain a specific temp to avoid infection etc.
Hospitals are late adopters of technology but with the changing times it’s needs of hour to grab advanced technologies like IoT to overcome the problems where human supervision fails. It definitely helps hospitals to follow standard processes as per the NABH or JCI norms and elevate the brand of the hospital that helps attract the new patients as well as to increase the medical tourism.